[Yr7-10it] A video about a 1-1 Apple laptop middle school in NYC

Margaret Lawson margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Sat Sep 5 17:21:39 EST 2009

There was a report kicking around about 6 months ago which concluded
that multi-tasking while learning a concept for a first time inhibited
the retention rate of the students. Therefore it is harder to learn a
skill unless you are totally focused on the learning. However,
multitasking while repeating a skill already learnt (and ingrained) did
not inhibit the performance of the student.

Most adults know this instinctively, if we are trying to concentrate on
something whether it is reading a paper or parking a car, the music goes
off.

:)

Margaret

--