[Yr7-10it] MORE ON: A video about a 1-1 Apple laptop middle school in NYC

Geoff Moss geoffmoss37 at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 5 17:09:01 EST 2009

Roland

The following video link raises some interesting issues for a whole school discussion about research skills and the use of the internet, especially Wikipedia.
It does not denigrate the internet but highlights its deficiencies if we do not provide our students with appropriate structures and research skills.

I would recommend that item for all members of staff, not just the IT environment.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/digitalnation/learning/schools/pressing-pause.html?play

Geoff Moss
RMIT