[Yr7-10it] Netbooks/Laptops/Notebooks program Year 7 next year

Clare, Ian J Clare.Ian.J at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Oct 30 10:09:39 EST 2009

Thanks Kevork for starting the discussion. We are also looking at it but
having a great range of discussion as to what year level we give too. We
can only fund one year level. Some have said that Year 10 would be
better, I argue that year 7 because they may have been exposed to them
in primary school. (Primary schools in our region were given netbooks
for year 5s and some of the small schools bought them for year 6 also).

I have heard that the insurance is quite expensive.

Any input for other would be helpful. LWT suggested that you ensure you
get one with a hard case.

Ian Clare

ICT Co-ordinator

Casterton Secondary College