[Yr7-10it] Free microsoft tools

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Mar 28 03:35:29 EST 2009

Perhaps of interest .. this offer includes South Pacific high schools.

Note: Apparently students need to establish a Windows Live ID account.

--
Microsoft offers free tools for high schoolers

School students can download professional-grade development software
such as Visual Studio and XNA Game Studio at the DreamSpark website

By Maya T. Prabhu, Assistant Editor  Fri, Mar 27, 2009
http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/top-news/index.cfm?i=57927

High school students are now able to access and download professional
Microsoft Corp. software such as Visual Studio and XNA Game Studio for
free, a service that has been offered to higher-education students for
the past year through DreamSpark.

 https://www.dreamspark.com/highschool/wayf.aspx

For high school students to have access to these software downloads, a
school representative need only sign up his or her school online. Once
approved, the school representative will receive pass codes that will
allow students to go online and download the available software free of
charge.

DreamSpark High School Agreement

As an administrator of a High School ("School"), I want to enable the
School’s current students to participate in the Microsoft DreamSpark
program ("Program"), and I understand and acknowledge that:

By clicking "I AGREE" below, I am:

- requesting my School be verified for participation in the Program,
- confirming I am an authorized representative of my School, and
- indicating my acceptance of the Program terms and conditions below on
  behalf of my School.

I also understand and acknowledge that:

- clicking "I AGREE" only initiates verification and registration of my
  School for the Program, and
- the terms and conditions below only apply upon completion of the
  verification and registration of my School in the Program.

Subject to the above, by clicking "I AGREE", I agree to the following
Program terms and conditions on behalf of my School, to become effective
when (and only when) my School has completed verification & registration
for the Program:

1) School contact and information. I will be my School’s primary contact
for the Program, and will provide accurate information about my School to
enable verification of my School for participation in the Program;

2) Program software access keys. I will: a. provide, or manage a process
for my School to provide, Program software access keys only to students
currently enrolled in my School, and b. comply, or manage a process for
my School to comply, with any guidelines provided to me about the
distribution of those access keys;

3) No provision of student personal information. I will not provide to
Microsoft any personal information contained in my School’s database that
could be used to identify an individual student;

4) Parental consent (if required). If local law requires, I will obtain,
or manage a process for my School to obtain, the consent of a parent or
legal guardian to allow students under a certain age to establish a
Windows Live ID account (which will require students to provide some
personal information electronically, e.g. online); and

5) Non-compliance with Program terms. Any failure to abide by the terms
of this High School Agreement and other Program terms and guidelines may
result in the removal of my School and its students from participation in
the Program.

--
Cheers people
Stephen Loosley