[Yr7-10it] Technology for Maths (Was: Tools for Interactivity)

Fawcett - Le Rossignol, Jamie E fawcettlerossignol.jamie.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 12 08:16:32 EST 2009

As a kid I remember having to learn the process of how to do algebra, or
whatever.  But now it seams to be just a series of button presses.

It reminds me of an old thing about tools in technology, which is "When
you learn how to use a hammer, everthing looks like a nail".
And my concern is that we are using computers like this.

Reagrds,
Jamie Le Rossignol

  _____