[Yr7-10it] Missed the boat? (Was: the IWB revolution continues)

Fawcett - Le Rossignol, Jamie E fawcettlerossignol.jamie.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Mar 10 10:54:31 EST 2009

Hi all,

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I can not see how IWB really improve
student learning.  How does it improve over a projector and a laptop?

Both allow the quick display of information, and the incorporation of
video.

I can see a benefit for the one or two students (tactial learners)
interacting with the IWB, but it's the same experience for all the
others students.

Does anyone have any examples of excellent learning using these devices?

I've talked with experienced teachers about computers in the classroom,
and his opinon was the is does not improve the learning of the student.
I realise that it changes the learning experience, and enables
difference learning styles to access the knowledge.  For example, a
speel checker does the thinking for you, and you no longer need to
remember how to spell various word, and you loose the advantage of
language.

Thoughts from secondry perspective,
Jamie Le Rossignol

signature database 3805 (20090127) __________