[Yr7-10it] data dots

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Mar 6 23:00:11 EST 2009

It seems obvious that 'data dot' technology may well become very popular

Especialy as technology develops eg spray-on datadot for your posessions

This ASX-listed company seems to have a very good handle on such matters:

--
DataDot Technology Ltd.

The counterfeit textile market is a severe global problem which today
costs companies hundreds of millions of dollars annually - with major
brand labels being copied and sold everyday.

DataDot Technology Limited is a company focused on providing a solution
to this problem through its recently launched Verifi TT technology - a
micron-sized fibre that is woven in fabrics to prove authenticity.

It recently achieved a significant milestone with the company’s joint
venture company, DataTraceDNA Pty Limited entering into a supply
agreement with New Zealand’s largest crown research institute,
AgResearch, to develop and market VerifiTT.

AgResearch will supply Verifi TT world-wide to third parties for use and
application in textiles and textile products such as  loose fibre, fibre
fragments, continuous filament and spun yarns  as well as ink for
application to printed textile labels.

The launch market for the product is in China, where a large textile
manufacturer will use VerifiTT to stop illegal textile substitution.

"Sales discussions have also begun with US law enforcement agencies that
send high-quality, tender-specific material offshore for uniform
manufacture. These agencies suspect that this material is being
substituted with a lower quality material. We have plans to market and
distribute this product in Europe, Asia, South Africa, and Canada as well
as New Zealand."

Apart from the recent success of VerifiTT, the company has also made
achievements across its other technologies, as shown by the release of
its DataDot Robot.

The DataDot Robot is a fully automated DataDotDNA spray application
system that will ultimately replace the process of manually applying
DataDotDNA to vehicles.

"During the past year commercial prove-out of the DataDot Robot was
successfully completed across four vehicle brands at the largest import
centre in Australia."

“As from last month it is now being used to apply DataDotDNA to all
vehicles imported by Audi Australia.”

Mr. Allen explained to the Australian Investor, “The DataDot model hasn’t
changed. Our dots are manufactured in four countries - Australia, South
Africa, United States and the United Kingdom – and are specifically aimed
at local markets in these areas.

"Though our model hasn’t changed we are constantly developing new
products utilising our technology to broaden our target market.

"One of these products is DataDot Metallic, which is aimed at heavy
industry copper theft.

"We are about to announce another new product that will represent a
manufacturers’ solution to copper marking. We are very excited about this
product as it will be the first in the world that enables cable
manufacturers to include a batch identifier in their cables."

Mr. Allen concluded, "Our future outlook is great. We are strategically
positioned on the world stage as the only company that has this type of
technology - there is nothing else of our scale."

"Additionally, we have patents in place for DataTrace and DataDot in most
countries. Another attribute that places us in a strong position for the
future is the fact that we spend a lot of time with police and regulatory
authorities worldwide to make them aware of our technology and how to use
it."

"As a result, we have enormous support from all these global authorities."

"Illustrating this support the New Zealand government mandated that all
of our Datadots will be implanted on every vehicle and that is being
produced in the country. It appears Europe is also heading in this
direction.

A further indication of our value to industry and the community is our
new partnership with CrimeStoppers in Australia."

 http://www.australianinvestor.com.au/Magazine.asp?id=3112

--

Cheers people
Stephen Loosley