[Yr7-10it] Twittering

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Jun 23 09:47:53 EST 2009

> So, notwithstanding Roland's informed comments about forums and Yahoo
> answers, I think my question still remains: I'm wondering if anyone as
> thought of - or implemented - the use of Twitter (or some twitter-like
> technology) as a "help system" for students?

Paul

Forums seem to be the students' preferred means of technical discussion, for example see http://gmc.yoyogames.com/ for Game Maker. Not just for programming, see the World of Warcraft forums at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/index.html?sid=1

I have seen older students using IRC which I expect is a lot like Twitter. THey use it for social networking. It is limited for programming problems because you cant show program fragments. Interestingly the adult Sugar community supplements IRC chat with http://pastebin.be/ to show code fragments

Tony