[Yr7-10it] Moodle moot-escape the heat!

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jan 14 08:19:21 EST 2009

Hi peoples..
for those of us who went to Ros's place, it was a no pressure, relaxed hoot! Thank god for the new aircon she just got. We had a chance to interact via an internet link with a contact in Brisbane via skype, elluminate and whatever we could get to work...mic on, mic off, mic on, mic off..(can you hear me yet??)..those of us there, know what I mean..lolol.
Lets see now,
Moodle, Ubuntu, and several related derivatives were all loaded, trialled and discussed.
Food drink and conversation were the order of the day.
What can I say?
Thanks for the venue Ros, thanks for the conversation etc to all the others. Karen, Deb, Donald, Phil, and the rest.
A big topic raised was.."Just what do we want the kids to actually access or change, and how can we get other, not I.T. staff more involved in developing and using the online technologies available?" I guess it is all about ownership of your own work and who to share it with in a sense(or 'what' to share and how?).

All in, a great day.

Cheers all.
Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.C.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ <http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
Horsham Ph (03) 5382 3545
kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."