[Yr7-10it] Bushfires and the social media

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Feb 9 15:35:37 EST 2009

I hope your folks are OK Neil.  I know its hard for us "city slickers" to imagine what it was like in the bush.  We can only do our bit by donating to the appeals that have been set up.  I know our school has asked everyone, students and staff  for a gold coin donation (as a minimum) to be sent to the Red Cross.

I don't think Stephen was being disrespectful, just pointing out how social networking sites such as facebook and twitter and google earth were being used as a communications tool for the rest of us concerned citizens, be they in Victoria, Australia or other parts of the globe.

regards

Janet Bane
Patterson River SC