[Yr7-10it] Essential skills

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 17 15:57:38 EST 2009

Yep, I am needing to do something similar for our 7's here(develop course materials etc), however, I need to apparently break it into year levels rather than the VELS levels. Ya gotta luv re-inventing the wheel!!
As for the topics(concepts), so far what I am seeing on this list is pretty much on the money but I must go with Paula on this one...visit the VELS site and view the charts/dowloads available...they are a great baseline. Then incorporate them with the programs you have on your network to develop course materials. The same themes/streams etc seem to be surfacing...WP, DB, SS, also include some intro programming if poss, with some multi-media or graphics too if ya can!  Also keep in mind the internet is a powerful tool for resources PLUS learning.
Whatever you develop, can I suggest to ensure as many staff are on-board as you can since often our staff are multi-talented these days.

Have just been asked to chair a similar ICT update for our whole school so this looks like a biggy!! (to include infrastructure and subjects and software and staff...OMG!!!).
Paula...I may be giving you a call for some advice on this one.

Kent

Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."