[Yr7-10it] Essential skills

Antonia Caridi ACaridi at sac.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 17 13:16:37 EST 2009

In our Year 7 course we have basic computer awareness - key terms and basic understandings of how a computer works
Word processing including using Drawing Tools
Spreadsheets
Cybersafety
File management

Antonia

Antonia Caridi
Sacre Coeur
172 Burke Road
Glen Iris 3146
Telephone 9885 4501
Fax 9885 5936

>>> <jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au> 17/08/2009 12:54 pm >>>
Hi all,

After some intensive lobbying it looks like I might be successful in
making I.T. a core subject in year 7 with a time alllowance of 2
hours a fortnight.

My curriculum director wants to know what are the essential skills
that a student should have achieved at year 7 level.

Some essential skills could include:
1. File Management
2. Word processing skills
3. Powerpoint presentations
4. Internet safety

I need to write up a proposal by the end of the week, so I was
looking for some feedback as to what you would consider essential IT
skills.

Thanks for your help,

Joyce

Joyce Tabone
Aitken College
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

https://login.mailguard.com.au/report/1y5mK3VL9O/4OCSjHQEuqNmAo9lpol7XK/0

This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. Any attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the recipient assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email and/or attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of Sacre Coeur.