[Yr7-10it] Re: [Oz-teachers] Notebooks and Projectors

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Mar 22 01:18:41 EST 2008

Hi all,

Dispatches from the front regarding the use of on-line Interactive White
Boards in Australian classrooms certainly seem positive and many or most
schools have at least one. Word is when they are used both as a teaching
tool and as learning tools they enrich and empower the learning outcomes.

In a small-medium group, in a student led learning environment, some say
they are almost motivation magic, especially at the primary school level.

Whatever, we've got to get this right. The digital education revolution
has to be rock-steady and work nicely with everything. Native resolution
has issues, and I think schools deserve better. OzEd standards would help.

A much better IWB-company software driver is not demanding rocket science.

--
Chris writes,

Yes that's true.  I was keen to try native mode, thinking it would be the
ideal solution for our teachers... they could have the IWB up on the
secondary screen, and their own work on the local screen.

We tested it and found it didn't really work as expected.  ActivStudio did
not play nicely in this mode and was constantly moving the toolstore back
to the main screen for no apparent reason.  Floating palettes would not do
what you expected them to do, and there were other niggly issues that I
can't recall in detail right now.

Basicaly though, it was a solution that sounded like it should have solved
the problem but we found in practice it didn't.

Let me know how you go though, as I'd really like to find an answer to
this one...

Chris