[Yr7-10it] A Girls in computing group...

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 21 16:26:13 EST 2008

Hi folks,
yep, me again...
Now, I was thinking this week about a few things for my middle school classes and had this idea that I got from remembering that Margaret Lawson(I think it was you) who did a similar thing previously at one of her schools(I think it was when she was at MLC from memory).
Anyway,...If others have got a similar concept up and running in a co-ed school as mine is, I'd love some ideas to get me started of what works..and what doesnt!
Being a non-married male, I dont have a wife to get ideas from on this one, so any of you gals out there who teach IT and have done this, can you help this bloke out with some tips! (on the 'girls in computing' group that is...but I am open to ideas on the other obvious one too - always!).
Just wondering where to start with this one...too many options...careers, gaming, programming, working with computers in the office...etc.
I can confidently tell you that my principal will support this idea...he's just that kinda guy!
Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."