[Yr7-10it] HTML programming...

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Mon Mar 17 17:27:28 EST 2008

What do others using the w3schools.com website think of the HTML and Flash tutes and examples.
I have found that my 'nerds' in my y9 class(a small pocket of keen boys-my Bill Gates apprentices!) are flourishing using this site and absolutely are blowing me away with how fast they are picking it up and trying new things - WoW! (referring to the HTML)
As for the Flash, its not the MX version, so has presented a challenge with the subtle differences to MX.

Going to give the y9's a task of building their own site soon...can't wait to see what they create! It will seriously compete with the Web software we have here I reckon..(MS-FrontPage).

One of the boys has even played with the password option in coding and this is just the 3rd class on the topic!  The best bit for me is that its helping me see HTML in a whole new perspective, I'm actually beginning to get enthused about it dare I admit it.

Anyone else's thoughts on this topic at Y8/9/10 levels...I  am interested to hear your comments and most interested about the 'learning curve' your students go through.

My 8's are battling with it, but a small number are starting to 'get it'.

Kent.
Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."