[Yr7-10it] Flash Assignment Activity - year 9

Glenn Demery Glenn.Demery at radford.act.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 13:07:46 EST 2008

I get them to make an interactive nursery rhyme. I aim it for our preschool and infants. When complete the students show the classes how they work and the little kids love using them with interactive whiteboards.

The nursery rhymes can be as complicated as you would like. I get them to add touch sensitive areas that play sounds, animations or just read the text.

Some students even record the singing (sometimes of themselves) and add it to the stories.

The students making the stories see a real purpose for their work, have an audience in mind and always enjoy doing it.

Glenn Demery
Head of IT Services
Radford College