[Yr7-10it] Inkscape

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:49:25 EST 2008

We have ordered two copies of this book:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/

With Inkscape, users can produce a wide variety of art, from
photo-realistic drawings to organisational charts. Tt uses SVG, a
powerful vector based drawing language and W3C web standard, as its
native format. SVG drawings can even be directly viewed by web browsers
such as Firefox and Opera and a subset of SVG has been adopted by the
mobile phone market.

The software is bundled on on all our staff notebooks and is part of our
school image and is available free for download to Windows, Macintosh,
Linux, and Solaris operating systems.

A Melbourne based trainer can run workshops on this so there are plenty
of opportunities to explore its use in your classroom.

Roland Gesthuizen - ICT Manager - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au