[Yr7-10it] new learning

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 09:30:42 EST 2007

Interesting point you raise here...
I think it was on Current affair last night about Stanford Uni(?) offering a $50,000 course on Facebook. Seemed more like an overated self promo than anything else to me.  They didnt disclose any of the content or sample work done. Anyway, isnt this a typical case of those who 'can' afford it vs those who 'cant' ...ie the 'digital divide'...the very thing we are trying to bridge? Also, this course as shown on TV didnt make it clear if this was part of a larger course such as undergrad or postgrad studies.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."