[Yr7-10it] RE: Year 7-10 IT structures

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 08:46:37 EST 2007

Some nice questions, Roland.

The discussion has a familiar ring to it ... some unfinished work which
Peter Macinnes put together some years ago:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~macinnis/scifun/whatif.htm

________________________________

From: yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Roland Gesthuizen
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:30 PM
To: Year 7 - 10 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Yr7-10it] RE: Year 7-10 IT structures

Thank you young Cameron, some good questions but it isn't my place to
spoon out the answers.

Here are some more. Can you tell me about your planet and your place in
it? If you came back to school in 20 years time, what would changes
would you see? Can you still open your homework files? If you had a
penfriend in Africa, what changes could you expect? Imagine a school
surrounded by mine fields, no electricity and a hand cranked laptop.
What would you learn? What do you think about introducing new technology
to the native people of the pacific islands, what will they think of us?
Should we throw your old computer into landfill so we can have some
better ones? Golly, has the bell gone yet? Now run outside, kick a ball
and soak up some sunlight, we can tackle world peace tomorrow.

Thanks everybody .. today 24 October is the official United Nations day
and as the official school flag coordinator, we fly the UN flag. BTW,
the UN is taking charge of distribution for the OLPC project.

Regards Roland