[Yr7-10it] VITTA Conference

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 17 12:39:41 EST 2007

On 17/10/2007, at 12:07 PM, Clare, Ian J wrote:

> I'm the only on going from Casterton due to cost and distance. Once
> again rural schools are disadvantaged.

Yep, it does seem expensive--although the MAV conference is similarly
priced. I'd love to come to all three days but can only do one.

  This is IT, and there are several sessions on podcasting,
vodcasting, etc...

  How about recording all the sessions (subject to speaker approval)
and having them available for streaming or download, audio or video,
from the VITTA website? (Or on YouTube if bandwidth is an issue.)
This would be beneficial even for people attending all three days, in
cases where several interesting talks are running in parallel.  And
it would massively expand the PD potential-- as Cameron points out,
some of the talks would even be suited as a whole-staff PD. That
would actually be possible, with minimal expense, if this option was
to be taken up.

cheers
Russell Edwards
Whittlesea SC