[Yr7-10it] Life's a Party- Event Managment

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 12 08:40:25 EST 2007

Hi Claudia,

  Here are a few ideas to start the ball rolling :

 1. Invites emailed with a hyperlink to a web site to accept by the RSVP date
 2. Web site has a form that has to be filled for the RSVP acceptance. You can use this for each person to register a music CD they will bring to the party.  The web site can be accessed by a mobile device with a micro browser or full browser ......
 3. The form data is saved to a database file behind the web server
 4. The database file is used to mail merge the individual details to make mailing labels for their peel off name tags ( for hats maybe ?? ) at the party. Maybe even have character names or variations
 5. A raffle is drawn for 3 prizes from the database to encourage guests to fill in their RSVP online......
 6. Use of a spreadsheet to manage the party budget ......
 7. Use of Project management skills to run the project.

 Adjust above to be more formal/business oriented depending on the focus of the task.

 Hope that helps  :))

Kevork

>>> "Claudia Graham" <claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au> 11/10/2007 7:13 pm >>>
Hi all,

Next year our IT Department is offering a year 10 elective called
'Life's a party - Event Management'. We will be running two, one
semester classes in 2008 as it seems to have been quite popular with the
students. Of course, now I have to do the hard work and create a course
that lives up to the title!

The course will include - Project Management, budgeting, marketing, and
all elements of preparing to run an event. I was wondering if anyone has
any resources that deal with some of these skills and knowledge at a
year 10 level. Of course the aim is to utilise as much ICT as we can in
the 13 week course.

I am also looking for any student ready resources that people have come
across that they may be able to recommend for purchase.

Thanks
Claudia
Claudia Graham
VCE Coordinator
Assistant to the Head of Staff (Keilor Campus)
9334 0049 (direct)

Overnewton Anglican Community College
A school for the whole family celebrating 21 years of quality education in the North West of Melbourne.

 Winner of the 2007 Australian Chamber of Commerce and Business Council of Australia National Work and Family Award for a Medium-sized Business.

 EOWA Australia's Leading Organisation for the Advancement of Women (less than 500 employees) in 2005

An EOWA Employer of Choice since 2002.

http://www.overnewton.vic.edu.au/

Keilor Campus                                      Taylors Lakes Campus
2-30 Overnewton Road                               39 - 57 Robertsons Road
Keilor, Victoria, 3036                             Taylors Lakes, Victoria, 3038
Tel: 03 9334 0000                                  Tel: 03 9334 0000
Fax: 03 9336 1835                                  Fax: 03 9390 5144