[Yr7-10it] Scratch, Gamemaker, VB.net, Python, PHP and MySQL - Programming for all levels

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:23:13 EST 2007

Scratch is written in Smalltalk (not a java app)

Squeak is a more modern Smalltalk - it came out circa 1996 - ie. to program
in Squeak is the same as programming in Smalltalk

Etoys is a visual drag and drop dynamic programming interface which is built
on top of Squeak / Smalltalk

Morphic is a superior GUI, a subset of classes within the the Squeak /
Smalltalk programming language
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/09/morphic-etoys-is-superior-graphical.html

More information about squeak at http://www.squeak.org/

Notable uses include OLPC, Etoys, Seaside (web design), Croquet
(collaborative 3D multiuser), Sophie (multimedia presentation), Scratch
(programmable toolkit) and Dabble (on line data base)

cheers,
- Bill
--
Bill Kerr