[Yr7-10it] RE: 7 - 9 ICT Competencies

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 12 11:25:53 EST 2007

Hi Sylvia

On one level :

There was an attempt to work out some sort of scope and sequence of ICT
activities here  - not student competencies per se but might help
http://vels.wikispaces.com

not sure I think this is ultimately the best approach but might help for
the time being

on another level :

I think it's a recurring topic of discussion on this list as to what
these competencies should look like -

ie beyond a skill checklist, what should / could we expect of students
working in the "most flexible symbolic processing medium ever invented"
- software  (david perkins - fingertip effect)

Your question prompted me to reread the vels level 5 and 6 standards
Broad enough to take just about anywhere, underpin a range of curricula,
which I think is a good thing

hth

rob