[Yr7-10it] Girls in Games Event 2008

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Dec 12 08:59:06 EST 2007

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross posts),

I have recently had a number of meetings with industry stakeholders about
the shortfalls in the number of students undertaking ICT courses / careers.
VITTA will be holding ICT week next year from the 28th July to the 2nd
August with an ICT Careers Expo taking place during this week.  We are also
planning a Games Industry day as well as a girls in IT day.

However, another event which we are currently planning is an event to
promote girls involvement in the games industry.  The event will be taking
place on the 18th March at ACMI, and we have the support of ACMI and the AIE
(Academy of Interactive Entertainment) as well as a number of other sponsors
/ stakeholders.

We would like to make this event as interesting and inspirational as we
possibly can - as well as make it a fixture in the calendar (perhaps
bi-annually).

At this stage in the process, I would like to hear from anyone that would
like to be involved in helping organise the event.  We want to have a
discussion panel to flesh out the format of the event and also to gather
information on what girls want to know and what will appeal to them?

If you are interested, please let me know asap - and if your students would
provisionally be interested in an event such as this, please email and give
me a rough indication of how many students you would bring.

All the best!

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson,

VITTA President
Director of ICT,
Melbourne High School,

Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.ausrsing>
<BLOCKED::http://www.deakin.edu.au/hmnbs/nursing>

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education
and Early Childhood Development.