[Yr7-10it] games

Fawcett - Le Rossignol, Jamie E fawcettlerossignol.jamie.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 11 13:33:59 EST 2007

Hi all,

I came across an article about using a MMORPG for learning.  It appears
that a college in the UK is using Never Winter Nights to teach
"Using NWN for basic learning skills"
(http://www.raphkoster.com/2007/01/17/using-nwn-for-basic-learning-skill
s/)
A BBC article about it
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/6254989.stm)
http://nwn.bioware.com/players/profile_west_nottinghamshire_college.html

The company now developing the software is Altered Learning
(http://www.alteredlearning.com/), but a school licence can be a
expensive.

Jamie