[Yr7-10it] games

Pamela Wright P.Wright at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Dec 10 21:09:58 EST 2007

Hi Vik,

This is my topic for my PhD.  I too was blown away at the collaborative and immersive learning when games were introduced into the classroom at primary level. Runescape was a good one, with a little less violence than quake, but graphics are poor in comparison.

I've worked with both secondary and primary students on game development using gamemaker and found it appropriate for both levels.  Its free to download from www.gamemaker.nl. I'm about to conduct further research into game development using Scratch, which is also free.

Pam

Pam Wright
Lecturer
School of Educational Studies