[Yr7-10it] Blogging

margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Thu Aug 23 12:03:50 EST 2007

I've used Wikis as part of a knowledge sharing activity  - again, with
explicit requirements and clear outcomes, but not "in place of" using a
blog. I see the two tools as two very different mediums with different
purposes for the classroom. Blogs have the potential to be more reflective
(you an build in metacognitive work into a blog), where as a wiki is a
more open collaborative community of learning and has the potential to
grow in many directions. Both tools are effective to use, but with
potentially different outcomes. (I guess this factor reared its head in
ther ITA SAC earlier on this year).

Regardless of what you use, the intent needs to be clearly set out for the
kids, not just an add-on. If it is part of the assessment the kids are
more likely to take it seriously!

I'm all for the kids accessing their work at home, this can be achieved in
both a blogging and wiki environment.

:)

Margaret