[Yr7-10it] free educational wiki access

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon May 29 21:19:46 EST 2006

We use the wiki engine built into Moodle (version 1.6). I think it is based
on the DFWiki softare code and free to use by interested schools.. The work
that students do is authenticated by each contributor and access is
restricted to the class so any vandalism is readily identified and limited.
Students can access this from home and filter barriers isnt really an issue.

I don't tend to keep the old student wiki constructs that they have built
and the construction has served its purpose. Our professional learning staff
teams are using the Moodle Wiki to create interactive learning spaces that
document our school curriculum. Makes sense when you think about it.. why
e-mail a document about for suggesions when you can just ask colleages to
directly make any changes or contributions. There was some good Moodle
Edulist discussions about using these for school bulletin archives and more.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au