[Yr7-10it] Gamemaker, 2 programs, Victoria

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue May 9 18:55:58 EST 2006

> so is anyone invited? and what is it all about? is it good for secondary
> school?
>
> let us know

The DE&T Moe session: I presume they will give preference to Gippsland
region if they fill up. I will ask if they have any restrictions on who can
come. Is it good for secondary schools? Yes there are quite a few secondary
schools using Gamemaker. There are about equal numbers of primary and
secondary schools.

What is it all about? Gamemaker is freeware (unregistered version), it is a
computer language with very easy entry through drag&drop but has a powerful
scripting language which is the equal of many mainstream languages. It is
particularly suited for making computer games. It can be used for learning
computer programnming with older kids or for developing higher order
cognitive skills with younger kids. Read more at
www.freewebs.com/schoolgamemaker

If you were inquiring about the Gateways program for gifted kids, its for
yrs 5&6, more information from Gateways. G.A.T.E.WAYS PO Box 207, Blackburn
VIC 3130 Australia Phone 03 9894 2116

Tony Forster,
ASISTM Computer Game Design, Programming, Multimedia and Mathematics
Cluster.
1405 Wellington Rd. Narre Warren East Vic 3804 Australia
Phone +61 3 9796 8161
Mobile 0403 07 3717
Email forster at ozonline.com.au
http://www.gamelearning.edu.au