[Yr7-10it] 2D animation

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:54:05 EST 2006

Interesting links Con .. I might give Synfig a closer look. Am curious if it
can import SVG graphics.

My students had a lot of fun using Inkscape <http://www.inkscape.org/>(free
to DL and share) to generate their own SVG and PNG clip art .. converting
their favourite photographs into cartoon like outlines then further
manipulating the layers and objects in these images. Others might like to
have a go at this using the handout that I have developed ..
http://www.vitta.org.au/resources/detail.php?doc_id=2964

I was interested to read that like GIF and Flash, the SVG
standard<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svg>includes an animation
component. Scaleable Vector Graphics are used by
Inkscape, Freehand and other graphical packages. Some browsers can already
support SVG graphics and perhaps soon, SVG animations.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au