[Yr7-10it] VELS and IT

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 8 17:51:54 EST 2006

In terms of training, we run a localised version of the ICDL as a compulsory component of all teachers' professional development program for the year.  This is seen as a "launching pad" from which more subject-specific (and possibly practical) skills/concepts can be developed.

Happy to provide more details on an individual basis (rather than flood the list).

________________________________

From: yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of McDonald, Debra A1
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:44 AM
To: Year 7 - 10 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Yr7-10it] VELS and IT

Hi all,

I may be on the outer her as it has been a while since I have read the emails regarding VEL's as I wanted to do so at my leisure instead of between classes, but at out school the eLearning coordinator is apparently going to hold compulsory PD's that will instruct staff (separate PD's for each subject area) what skills they need to be teaching each semester and how to do this. now I have no idea on how she is planning to do this and I think that in time she will let us know as I will be having to assist her in instructing the school in part of this because she is not totally proficient in all area's of IT (mainly the basics).

what are you guys doing in the PD scheme of things for next year?? and how are you running it?

would love to here what is going on out there.

Cheers

Debra McDonald
Network Manager
Lyndhurst Secondary College
Cranbourne
(03) 5996 0144

This email and any files transmitted with it are Confidential to the intended recipient and may be privileged.  If you have received this email inadvertently or you are not the intened recipient, you may not disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it.  Further, you should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your computer.  Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files transmitted with it are free from such viruses.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete this message.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Yarra Valley Grammar.

YVG Mail security - Checked