[Yr7-10it] Some Interesting L

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:45:51 EST 2006

On 1/7/06, Roland Gesthuizen <rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Could anybody guess how these recordings were made with Skype? I wasnt
> aware that it had this feature..

from leigh blackhall, who reviews / compares Skype, Gizmo, Google Talk
*http://tinyurl.com/a54kc* <http://tinyurl.com/a54kc>

Enter the Gizmo Project <http://www.gizmoproject.com/> (Windows, Mac, Linux,
and open standard). Another VOIP app that calls out to landlines and mobile
for cheap while offering computer to computer for free, but it happens to
have a very nice little record button in it!! Recording VOIP could not be
easier, well maybe it could be... Gizmo records to the .wav format which is
fine, but MP3 is what we need. Because Gizmo uses open standands it is
apparently compatible with Google Talk which I'll get to in a bit. A big
down side about Gizmo though is that it doesn't currently have an Instant
Messaging feature. IM is pretty important, especially if for what ever
reason your voice session drops out, you can revert to IM to work out the
problem. Looking into the Gizmo forums reveals that a version with IM
enabled is probably only moments away.

http://www.gizmoproject.com/

- Bill