[Yr7-10it] Some Interesting Links and What’s you favourite podcasts ?

Christopher Jansen cjjansen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:17:48 EST 2006

*Wikimedia*
For a long time I have been exited about what the wikipedia do. Along with
the all of the idealistic open source people. Wikipedia are running a
Personal Appeal. Im not saying that you have to donate or anything and that
is not the reason that I posted this link. What I am interested in is the
reasons he states that he started wikipedia. I think it shows us what we
should all strive for with this great tool called IT
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Personal_Appeal

*Google Earth War*
The next link is to an interesting little google hack called Google Earth
War. It involves at the start searching around the world to find jewels
once. Once you have done that you can start to buy oil minds and cotton
fields that will generate profit from there you can buy armies and invade
cities. I have had a bit of a play and I think its worth a look. It really
is amazing
http://www.gewar.net

*Podcasts*

I think this is the real point of this post. I know allot of you out there
have already heard of pod casting and all its benefits I would love to hear
about some interesting things that people are doing in the class room. But
here are some of my favourite pod casts. I would also love to hear what
other people are listening to and even watching in some cases. If people
could post the 5 or less favourite pod casts using the format

Name:

Web:

Feed:

I think we could all find some new and interesting pod cast

Anyway here are mine

*Name: *triplej Film and DVD reviews**

*web:* http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/**

*feed:* http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/review/film/podcast/podcast.xml

triple j

*Name:* Edu talk

*Web:* http://edtechtalk.com

*Feed:* http://edtechtalk.com/?q=node/feed

technologies. It is interesting

*Name:* tips from the top floor

*Web:* http://www.tipsfromthetopfloor.com/

*Feed: *http://feeds.feedburner.com/tftf

digital photographer.

*Name:* Diggnation

*Web:* http://revision3.com/diggnation and htttp://www.digg.com

*Feed: *

audio: http://feeds.feedburner.com/diggnation

Video: http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/small.mov.xml

community based web news site www.digg.com

*Name: *Two minute Photoshop tricks

*Web:* http://tricks.onigo.net/

*Feed:* http://feeds.feedburner.com/2MinutePhotoshopTricks

tip

Thats all for now cant wait to hear all the great pod casts.