[Yr7-10it] Electronic booking systems

Tony Richardson RichardsonT at kardinia.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 10:30:02 EST 2005

We installed MRBS here to replace the error prone BookIt system. We also
wanted a system that was web based. Staff have taken to it like a duck
to water. Very good system and the price is right! We configured it to
do all our bookings - rooms and av equip etc.

No real issues with getting it on our system apart from convincing our
MS network manager that it was going to be ok and not cause conflicts
(the MS products seem quite capable of doing that themselves). We used
the Xampp package to install apache PHP and MySql and run the apache web
server off a different port to IIS (thanks to Con for that suggestion)

Cheers

Tony Richardson
Learning Technologies Coordinator
Kardinia International College