Open Source Software for schools (previously RE: Re: [Yr7-10it] Electronic booking systems)

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Nov 29 18:05:34 EST 2005

This looks fantastic Con. Can we put it on the school intranet so all staff from different KLAs can have a look at it and perhaps suggest software for their KLAs that they would like installed on the system for next year? It will save printing out 78 pages and trying to pass it around to staff.

Just a couple of ommissions - I did not notice GameMaker (Game design/programming software), Free Mind (for mind mapping) or Irfan View which are 3 apps we have/will have on our computers. GamaMaker used in Year 9 elective called "GameMaker", Irfan View is used widely throughout the school but also specifically for Year 12 IPM and Free Mind we will install next year - great for staff and students for Mind Mapping

Thanks for your contributions

Cheers

Ros Meadows
Bentleigh SC
9579 1044
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

"Furious activity is no substitute for understanding." H. H. Williams