[Yr7-10it] RE: Electronic reporting system

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Dec 2 13:14:41 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:45:50PM +1100, Meadows, Roslyn M wrote:
> Con, do you know of anyone who has used this software? Is it adaptable
> to Australian conditions, or is it very Americanised? oops I mean
> AmericaniZed!

I don't know of anyone locally who uses it, or for that matter how
applicable to local conditions it is. I would guess that if you had a few
minutes to try it, you can view the demo to find out more:

 http://www.laex.org/class/demo.html

> Our school has just paid over $3000 for Day Map, next week we start new
> classes (all our students are promoted and we start next year's program)
> and we will trial Day Map. But I feel it is important to use OSS where
> possible to save money (or spend it on other things!!)

You must ensure however that any such OSS is viable and of appropriate
quality. The well known, 'high traffic' apps are generally fine, but this
is a little more esoteric. However, you don't lose anything but a bit of
effort in running a pilot with this software.