[Yr7-10it] Re: [Year 12 Its] Programming Competitions

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Thu Aug 11 15:36:39 EST 2005

My apologies to those using other languages and to secondary students.

We would have loved to include languages such as VB, C++, Javascript, PHP,
Python. Given that this is the first year of the Game Programming
Competition we decided to make it easy for ourselves in the judging and only
allow Gamemaker and Klik & Play this time.

Likewise we would have liked to extend it to secondary school. We were aware
that secondary students have access to competitions such as the .net
competition. There also is(was) a Queensland based programming competition -
generating prime numbers and the like. So we are concentrating on primary
students this year.

I hope this year is a success and that we can expand to other languages and
age groups next year. Computer Games are highly motivating contexts for
learning

Tony