[Yr11 Information Technology] [Informatics] Thoughts on the 2020 study design - 'Data Analytics'

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Mar 20 03:33:44 UTC 2019

Thanks for the input, Phillip.

Infographics currently appear in unit 1. In 2020 they are promoted to unit
3.
Is this dumbing-down unit 3 or smartening-up KK from unit 1?
In 2020, unit 1 and 2 outcomes will be just as meaty as those in units 3
and 4.

Speaking of which, days ago I asked if anyone had a favourite infographic
they would care to send me for a slideshow.
It turns out that *no-one in Victoria* has one.
Not one.
This is remarkable - and discouraging.

As our great ex-leader Tony Abbot said in 2013, "*No one, however smart,
however well-educated, however experienced, is the suppository of all
wisdom.*"

I don't know everything, and only our *collected* contributions will make a
really *great* suppository.

I am willing to contribute to these magnificent lists, but if hundreds of
practising teachers don't also contribute why should I?
I will happily stroll back down to the beach and let you use your own
suppositories.

Love, as always,
Grumpy Mark

mark at vceit.com