[Yr11 Information Technology] Continuous reporting

Litsa Tzelepis htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au
Tue May 29 00:55:00 EDT 2018

Hello Melissa,

We have ongoing reporting as of last year. We use CANVAS and all our
materials and assessments are on there. Anything classed as an ASSESSMENT,
is graded, and we have to write our comment online alongside the students'
submission. There are multiple ways we can do this but that's the end
result.

The rubric is also online so a click for each criteria automatically
calculates the grade. As a result, we no longer have to write comments on
the semester reports - they only require the grade per assessment which we
enter manually. The parents are also in on it and can keep and eye on their
children's grades and can also reply to us - the dialogue is open.

A typical process is:

   - you add an assessment
   - you link up to all resources relevant for the assessment
   - indicate the day the assessment is available to the students
   - due date
   - rubric, including marks per criteria

Initially, it felt like extra work (not really for IT proficient staff),
but once its all set up, its incredibly easy and time efficient. Students
primarily submit single files, zip files and links to their google drives.

I actually love it.
I hope this helps,
Litsa xx

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Melissa Yuan <myuan at fintona.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Looking for advice, tips, guidance, wisdom, dos/don’ts and horror stories
> related to introducing continuous reporting.
>

> As you might imagine, this is no problem for me, as all my data is in “the
> machine” but sensible advice to give to management and staff appreciated.
>

> You are welcome to reply off-list.
>

> Thanks, Mel
>

> A CONSISTENTLY HIGH ACHIEVING INDEPENDENT GIRLS' SCHOOL
>
> *Melissa*
>
> *Yuan*
>
> IT Teacher
>
> phone:
>
> +61 3 9830 1388
>
> fax:
>
> +61 3 9888 5682
>
> email:
>
> myuan at fintona.vic.edu.au
>
> 79 Balwyn Road
>
> Balwyn VIC  3103
>
> www.fintona.vic.edu.au
>
> [image: Book a Tour]
> <http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au/enrolement/book_a_tour>
>

> The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
> may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient any
> use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with any
> attachments.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

Litsa Tzelepis
Mount St. Joseph Girls' College
133 Maidstone Street, Altona, VIC. 3018
htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au
P:8398 2000

This Email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this
email. If received in error, please notify the sender and Mount St. Joseph
Girls' College immediately and delete the Email and all copies. Mount St.
Joseph Girls' College does not guarantee that this email is virus or error
free. The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis
that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or
consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached
files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content
and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those of Mount St. Joseph
Girls' College. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

--

IMPORTANT! This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Mount St Joseph
provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the
negligence of the sender or not. The liability of Mount St Joseph Girls'
College is limited in any event to either the resupply of the attached
files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Mount St Joseph Girls'
College.