[Yr11 Information Technology] U2O1 Using Python - analysis on the NCSS Challenge from GROK for VCE Students

Garth, Lucas A garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jun 8 22:19:01 EDT 2018

Hi Alex

That’s a decent solution particularly for the students who are slower to get through tasks. If you’re going to pay $30 per student you really need to make sure everyone grows in knowledge and the specific courses are a structured approach to doing just that. If you know the students are motivated (and you can test this in Week 1 by ensuring they get through all tasks in the NSSC challenge) then you could give students the option – at no extra charge – of doing the Challenge instead.

If you aren’t using GROK, then PythonAnywhere has been a fairly decent (and free) hosting option for those without IDLE. It’s especially good at handling the installation and setup for frameworks. Note – there are limitations without the use of more graphical modules such as turtle and pygame (and also those who are under 13 will be unable to use the service).

Worth a look:
https://www.pythonanywhere.com/

LG