[Yr11 Information Technology] Any Schools out there with No Computer Labs??????????

Paul Pascoe passyworld at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 11:51:19 AEST 2017

HI,

Sorry for the off topic post, and for any cross posts.

My school is looking at getting rid of our computer labs entirely in favour of a school wide student laptop program.

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience in this, especially in terms of software compatibility issues and authentication of student SAC tasks.

What should we be looking out for?

and finally if anyone has any compelling arguments for not having any computer labs at all in a school, other than to save the school operating expenses money.  Eg. Is there anything "Beyond the Balance Sheet" to be gained by getting rid of all of the labs?

Thanks

Paul Pascoe

St Francis Xavier College
Beaconsfield