[Yr11 Information Technology] Mathematics and ICT

Diana HATCH hat at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 18 14:27:12 AEST 2017

I know that at McKinnon, we are covering this in year 7, but as we have no
formal IT in year 8, it is to be covered in Maths.

The ICT teachers here have been trying to help the Maths faculty come to
grips with how they will deal with this in year 8.

Diana

On 18 July 2017 at 13:00, Chay Ly Cheng <chaylycheng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just throwing a question out there - if you are a math teacher as well (or
> familiar with it).
>
> The math curriculum indicates that students are to design and implement
> algorithm using a general purpose language. Level of knowledge varies from
> Year 7 - 10.
>
> I was wondering if there are any schools currently doing this in math
> classes?
> Or is it specifically in Digiitech/Computing Classes.
>
> If it is being implemented in Math class, may you please give me a run
> down on what is covered and 'done' for this part of the "already
> overcrowded math curriculum"?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Kind regards
>
> Chay Ly Cheng :)

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

Ms Diana Hatch
Timetabler, and ICT Learning Area Manager
Supervisor, VSL_McKinnon - Hebrew, Russian and Korean classes for students