[Yr11 Information Technology] Yr 11 Computing Unit 1 Outcome 3

Darren Scott dscott at ccb.vic.edu.au
Sat Apr 29 11:45:56 AEST 2017

Hey Andrew, DLTV have a sample SAC in their resource kit that I've based mine on ... suggest if you can afford the kit, it's well worth it (it'll last you for the entire study design).

There is also advice on the digipubs website: http://www.digipubs.vic.edu.au/vcaa/vce-computing/vce-computing-unit-1-learning

One thing to mention is that no organisation can guarantee that their SACs are 100% study design compliant, and that they will pass a VCAA audit - your best bet is to compare what you have with the study design and digipubs and make sure you're covering all the bases.

I'd also suggest you look at writing a SAC that you can use multiple times by allowing the students to choose their starting point - rather than specifying the issue to investigate, you allow them to choose their issues in teams. The tasks, "questions" and marking rubric stay pretty much the same for the next three years (pick an issue, do a survey, process the data, make a website to present it all, have a project plan encompassing everything the group does and journal entries that are individual for each student). It makes the teams more involved to choose their own issue from a list and makes your life easier, too. If you're worried about authentication from year to year (stealing the older siblings' SAC), keep a copy of the SACs each year or take overdone issues off the list (I've never actually had this as a problem). You can also limit the number of groups choosing an issue for authentication purposes (and to save you getting 10 websites about explicit content in video games ... ).

Darren