[Yr11 Information Technology] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] RE: U1O1 SAC / SAT?

Ciotti, George W ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 3 14:50:10 AEDT 2016

This SAC is time consuming. There a re quite a few tasks that students will need to spend time in and out of class completing.
With regard to excel, what I did was give them a refresher on Excel concentrating on using Excel to make charts. Then I pointed out a set of tutorials that students with absolutely no experience in excel could undertake in their own time. I have given my students approx 10 sessions to work through the SAC but this time also includes me providing them with timely instruction on the different sections of the SAC for short periods of time. I find this keeps everyone focussed on the task at hand when needed most.

The good thing about the new course outline is that it indicates what will be useful to cover at some point in year 10 IT in preparation for yr11. My Year 10IT students have just completed a set of tutorials in Excel.

I wouldn’t fret too much as this year will be a suck it and see year, especially with time allocation to SACs. But it’s always best to allocate a comfortable task time and temper this with milestone targets.

Getting the textbooks so late in the piece hasn’t helped at all.

Cheers

George

UHS Website Manager
IT/Arts/Design/Tech Domain