[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 - Programming

Holmes, Mandy M holmes.mandy.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Sep 12 09:56:46 EST 2012

Hi All,

I know this is probably a bit late for most, but I have come across a really good website with tutorials for a range of programming languages.  I am using the VB.Net sessions with my class, but there are also lessons for C#.net, Java and PHP.  The resources are completely free and work really well for the kids to go through at their own pace.  I have been using the tutorials in class, setting the students a target for the end of  week and creating short assessment tasks that mean they have to apply what they have learned from the site.  It seems to be going really well and have had lots of comments of "I'm really enjoying this unit!" etc.

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/

Happy programming! :)

Mandy Holmes
E-Learning Leader