[Yr11 Information Technology] Google Foreign Language Translator

mppascoe at bigpond.com mppascoe at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 18 12:51:07 EST 2009

Sorry for any Cross Posts

Hi everyone,

This is probably really "old news" to a lot of people. but..

It still might be useful for anyone with a sister school o/s, or needing to
communicate in writing with parents in their native language, or who has
teachers or students communicating with counterparts o/s, and so on.

Recently I have been communicating online with some people in France, using
my scratchy old language skills, and a big thick ancient copy of the New
Cassells 2-way Dictionary. Talk about living in the dark ages !

I mentioned this to someone at work, and they told me about the free Google
Online Translator.
This is a great stand alone tool to use online at:
http://translate.google.com/# <http://translate.google.com/>

There is also a means of adding it to your Google Blog so that anyone
overseas can fully translate and view your blog in their native language.

This makes your Blog far more accessible to international visitors.   (There
is probably an equivalent kind of widget for Word Press as well).

To find out more go to my Blog post at:
http://passyworldofict.blogspot.com/2009/07/blogger-foreign-language-transla
tor.html

OR

Perhaps just go to this Blog to do some quick "e-travel" and see some
beautiful pictures of the French countryside:
http://pissenlits.blogspot.com/

Take the text from this French Blog, and use http://translate.google.com/#
<http://translate.google.com/>  to translate the French to English, and you
will really begin to see the full picture !

Enjoy,

Paul Pascoe

IT / Maths Teacher

St Francis Xavier College Berwick