[Yr11 Information Technology] ICT Courses and Careers Posters (apologies for cross posts)

Olga Milne milneo at mcararat.catholic.edu.au
Thu Aug 27 09:54:09 EST 2009

We would like copies please.  Address to Olga Milne, Marian College,
Barkly street, Ararat, 3377.  Many thanks.

Dear Teachers,

> One of the most common requests we receive from teachers is about ICT
> courses and careers posters for the classroom. In response to this we
> have developed two posters  - one on courses and one on career pathways
> for you to put up around the classroom (see attachments). These posters
> were sent out recently to all Victorian Secondary Schools so you should
> be receiving them shortly. The aim of these posters is to assist
> secondary school students gain a better understanding of the wide range
> of courses and careers in Information and Communication Technologies
> (ICT).
>
> There are many different types of ICT undergraduate courses offered at
> University’s throughout Australia that span Software Development,
> Network Security, Telecommunications, Information Systems, Games
> Development and Multimedia.  Each of these degrees can lead students
> into a variety of careers in ICT including Network Analyst, Software
> Designer, Systems Analyst, Security Consultant, Web Developer and
> Business Analyst.  The Australian Computer Society (ACS) expects demand
> for ICT professionals to show solid growth over the next ten years with
> no signs of slowing down - so it's important for young ICT students to
> start learning about what area of ICT they want to get into.
>
> The course poster has been designed to help students align their ICT
> interests to the relevant course being offered.  For example, a student
> interested in Business and IT can view the courses listed under Business
> Information Systems, while a student interested in software design can
> view the courses under Computer Science and Software Engineering.  The
> careers poster highlights the many different industries that depend on
> ICT as well as the range of creative and challenging employment
> opportunities available in each industry.
>
> If you do not receive these posters  by the end of this week and would
> like a copy for your classroom, please let me know and I am more than
> happy to send you out a copy.  Alternatively, if you think that the
> careers teacher at your school would like a copy as well, please let me
> know.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rob Mercer
> ICT Outreach - Project Officer
> Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
> Swinburne University of Technology
> PO Box 218
> Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
>
> PH:  +61 3 9214 8768
> FAX :+61 3 9819 0823
> rmercer at swin.edu.au

This message (and attachments) may contain information confidential to
Marian College. If you are not the intended recipient please do not use,
distribute or copy the message or attachments. Please notify me by return
mail.