[Yr11 Information Technology] An old issue - what are 'data tables' as design tools?

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 19 13:07:11 EST 2009

Hi all.  The proposed IT study design refers to 'data tables' as a
method of describing software design (p.37 and other locations).

I brought this issue up last year and I'm still unsure what they mean by
'data table' in the context of a design tool.

(Another reason for having a decent glossary!)

Data tables - in my mind - are the structures that contain records and
fields in databases. They are not design tools, as a data dictionary
would be.

Does the proposed design mean to refer to data dictionaries, data
structure tables - or something else entirely?

Confusedly Yours
Mark

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Why do people mis-spell 'grammar' and mispronounce 'pronuniciation'?