[Yr11 Information Technology] Year 10 IT course outline request

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 28 15:38:57 EST 2008

We set a project for semester one that attempts to use the software skills
the students acquired in year 7 - 9. The basic thrust of the project is that
they have to provide a package that will help a radio station rebrand itself
from an old-fogey station to a hip-young-thing station. We expect they will
develop stationery, web-sites, audio files, animations. They have used
Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Publisher and Fireworks in the
previous years. We structure it around the Analyse, Design, Develop,
Implement, Document, Evaluate model. We do not teach the software per se at
this level. We tested this model this year and will adjust it and present it
next year.

Laurie