[Yr11 Information Technology] OC3 Running out of time

Trish Sims simsgrove at lexicon.net
Fri May 23 10:14:34 EST 2008

I absolutely understand your pain.

Last year I found the same situation in semester 1 but the second
semester was not so tight.

Also our VCE team find our assessment tasks too long compared to other
subjects. This causes a follow on effect with the amount of paper work
and catch up time required for students to complete SACs. I won't go
into ugly details but this load has fallen back on the IT staff to
manage catch up time for our subject. Other subjects catch up time
managed by VCE team.

I don't suggest we resort to tests but the current combination of
problems indicated by Damien below and long SACs means rush, rush, rush.
The clientele vary significantly but the students who are there for any
easy option cause lots of grief too. Compared to my other VCE area of
Maths, it seems more difficult to connect to the students given the lack
of time.

Sorry no suggestions here but lots of empathy.

Trish Sims
Strathmore Secondary College